Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #187 of (permalink) Old 2nd August 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Scenic with Climate control

Originally Posted by dpeel View Post
As i have found, if you have a scenic with automatic aircon or climate control, the process as detailled by Aahbarnes is slightly different. The "Resistor pack" is a different design but is in the same location . It is held in place by one fixing towards the front of the dash and a clip at the back . It has two green connectors . Once removed you will see it looks more like an Amplifier. with a heat sink. There are no resistors or thermal fuses in it and nothing that looks user repairable ( its all microchips and very small ones at that !). It is a little more expensive as well at 82 . If you wish to help prove that this part is at fault (as was mine - no Aircon or blower motor ) then taking the larger of the two green plugs from it ,12v connected to the Red and Black wires in it will operate the blower motor, so you can check it without disasembling the dash.
I did the above,but,no joy from fan. I had this done in 2006 by Renault dealer.They said it was the fan,but,the resistor has a manufacture date of 2006.The car is a 2004 Scenic II. Just wondering how to check powering the fan directly to see if thats the problem.Have had to remove most of the facia as arm too big for hole via speedo.
Mine is climate control. Stopped working for about a week then suddenly started to work again.After a day it stopped.I have checked all the connections and they appear to be OK. Opened resister unit,but,nothing obvious.Any help would be great.Normally get by with the Haynes manual,but,this one has got me!
Currently in rory1968's garage:
Renault Scenic 2004, BMW F10 2011
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome