Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace - Electronic Incident Warning - egr

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace - Electronic Incident Warning - egr

Having read the threads on electronic incident warnings on this site with interest and having limited meccano skills can anyone post a photo of what the egr valve looks like for me to clean.

I bought my Espace two weeks ago on 40k miles and experienced power loss, the warning light, and duly 'limped' home. I can also smell oil in and around the car. I also stalled the car toward the end of the journey home. The warning light dissappeared and power was restored. Now appears to be running a bit rough (juddery) with oil smell present at end of journey on 30 sec idle.

Please confirm I have the dreaded egr symptoms and that you recommend clean valve, clean mainfold, oil change to 0W or 5W and Amsoil drops. I have booked into a Renault dealer for a full service and diagnostic investigation next week and want your informed opinions on this one.

5 Lastest Threads by RobCity
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace clutch/accelerator 'popping' noise Engines mr espace 6 1550 20th July 2007 04:32 PM
Espace starting problem Electronics RobCity 2 1251 3rd July 2007 09:42 PM
Espace - Electronic Incident Warning - egr Cars & motoring superbiatch 4 1565 7th September 2006 09:51 AM
Espace - bodywork - Rear Windows Cars & motoring jack daniels 3 1278 4th September 2006 11:33 AM
Espace - dashboard - Flashing Speedo Cars & motoring RobCity 4 1307 4th September 2006 11:22 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome