Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2010 Megane sports bodykit problem (warranty question)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th August 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2010 Megane sports bodykit problem (warranty question)

I have a 2010 Renault Megane sports tourer which I purchased new from Renault with the optional sports body kit fitted. I have owned the car for less than a year now and one of the sports body trim panels has become detached. It started to flap in the wind as I drove the vehicle and on inspection the glue that held the panel had debonded so I decided to remove the two remaining screws holding the panel on to prevent it doing damage or potentially coming off whilst driving. I have since taken the car to a Renault garage and asked them to reattach the panel (and remove and reattach the other side which was starting to work loose) but have now been told that the work is not covered under warranty because the car has 18000 miles on the clock and so it is considered 'high mileage' and the work is body related.

I have gone through my warranty document with a fine tooth comb and can find no mention of bodywork being excluded, regardless of mileage.

Whats going on? Is the garage mistaken or am I?

5 Lastest Threads by Millhouse
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2010 Megane sports bodykit problem (warranty... Bodywork coup 5 2493 5th August 2011 09:51 PM
Clio rear wheel bearings. Wheels & tyres madnoel10 1 5117 27th March 2010 05:36 PM
2002 Clio RPM Gauge & Fuel Light Electronics Millhouse 1 1003 19th June 2009 10:34 PM
02 Clio 1.5 DCi Rear Light + Brake Lights problem Electronics dannyboi909 4 3449 10th April 2009 03:00 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome