Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - bodywork warranty

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 6th August 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Re: bodywork warranty

I have had bad new from Renault. They do not regard my problem as being one of corrosion, but one of paintwork. The anti-corrosion warranty runs for 12 years and the paintwork warranty for 3 years. Since the car is nearly 6 years old, I am not covered by the paintwork warranty.

They say paintwork, but the paint surface has not been, broken so any problem seems to be coming from underneath.

Can't really see how corrosion can be ruled out, but I'm no expert.

I thought the paintwork warranty related to say breakdown of the clear coating of my metallic paint finish, stone chips damaging the paint surface, abrasive scrapes on the surface etc.

It leaves me wondering when Renault would regard any bodywork problem as corrosion. Putting bodywork problems down to paintwork seems to be to be driving a Horse and Cart through the anti-corrosion warranty.

If it is indeed a paintwork problem, bearing in mind that neither I nor Garage inspectors at service intervals noticed the problem before now, any pre delivery repair seems to have outlasted the 3 year paintwork warranty.

Only just got Renaults verdict so at this point don't really know what tack to take. Will just have to sleep on it.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome