Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - megane convertable problems

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 8th August 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to Mike11 Send a message via Skype™ to Mike11
Re: megane convertable problems

Originally Posted by hoochy View Post
600 thats shocking when you say the hydraulics gave up is it making a quiet clicking noise from the pump? you can buy second hand pumps from ebay from 50 up
I have just bought one for 50 from ebay , just have to fit it. Most I seen was 150.

Originally Posted by RHoughton View Post
All I get is a bleeping if I press the switch.
Have tried various fixes according to forum advice but none worked.
Hood piston lost pressure during cleaning process -since then no response except bleeps.
Local garage tell me that I need to consult Renault dealer for a diagnostic check ??
Why can't independents do this - is it a question of not having software ?
Renault Dealers prices outrageous for a straightforward item like this!!
You need to put the roof in the exact position it was when it failed. If you miss a step of the sequence out it doesn't like it. I found that out as when I got my 51 plate one it never worked. I moved the roof around and then I got the Tauneo* cover to open and close electrically, just stopped when the hydraulics took over. I will hopefully have it fitted over the next week or so to test it.

I am fortunate enough to currently have 2, the other being the one for sale, so I swapped all the relays over and they worked on the other one ok. That is why it pointed to the pump as this was the only bit not working. I did take a while to get the cover moving though to figure this out. I used that guide on here, the seven step one to resetting the roof.

The Hydraulic unit look a right PITA to fit, might get a price for fitting if i can't do it. I just need some instructions.
Currently in Mike11's garage:
An LPG powered Ford Focus ST170.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome