Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Plastic bumper colour doesnt match metal bodywork colour.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th August 2011 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Plastic bumper colour doesnt match metal bodywork colour.

I . I, as some of u may have seen am interested in having my new Megane III as close to the "concept car" as is practical..
One of the things that mitigates against this is the number of panel joins on production cars.

2. This goes with the territory,cant expect a one piece sculpted bodyshell on production cars.
However : The front plastic ,where it joins the metal panels is a slightly different shade (darker).

The only place this is really obvious is at the front wheelwell join.This is not a change of bodypanel angle thing,it is a different colour. I dont have any pics yet ,I will post some tomorrow.
Its something I noticed about a week ago ,just coming out of a supermarket and it is annoying.

Its not an isolated renault problem and does seem to affect lighter metallic colours more than anything else.
Ive done a thread search here in renault forums and havent come across the same problem,more like respray colour matching links.

Whrn I googled I came across this:
lots of pics and many posts.

Check page 7 to get the idea.

My q's are
(a) assuming the dealer will just suggest I buy some glasses and renault customer service will say something like "nothing we can do,colour is subjective".Does anyone have any practical suggestions..aside from "plastic colour will allways look different to metal",or "Sheet happens".

(b) Has anyone had a similar problem and got it resoled thru the dealer or Renault, or had the plastic resprayed and still had their warranty honoured/had a respray contribution from renault.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to go thru a process of letter writing /having an expert hum n haw over the match n wait for emails etc.
This "fault" isnt ..omg that colour is sooo way out but it is visible

btw on the day I bought the car I also ordered a "renault touch up kit" for stone chip damage on the metal bodywork, much better to have a few tiny blobs than spreading rust patches.
Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 11th August 2011 at 09:12 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by coup
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Cheese factory explosion in France Jokes & funny stuff coup 0 187 6th July 2016 07:48 AM
Meg 3 fuel flap Electronics A55ii 4 209 1st July 2016 09:11 AM
conflict resolution, zohan method YouTube coup 0 249 8th March 2016 08:26 PM
Our Babs..sorry I missed a couple of o's Jokes & funny stuff Dancingdad 4 310 2nd March 2016 10:12 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome