Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna MK1 Fuse Panel

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cool Laguna MK1 Fuse Panel

I just recently purchased my W reg 2000 model Laguna, complete with a few faults.

I booked it into Renault Driveline, Ashford to have it checked out and all that was wrong was the resistor pack had failed - which I had replaced at a very reasonable 107 - but the warranty paid for that - so no out of pocket expenses.

The clutch cable needs replacing which is being done by Driveline on Thursday again just over 100, and the fuse box plastic cover needed replacing as the rivets had come away from the rest of the dashboard.

However, when Driveline quoted me 45+vat for a replacement - I was like " get stuffed ".

I took the car home after having the resistor pack done and took the plastic cover off.

I drilled out the old rivets, filed down the old ones, and then re-pop riveted it back into place. Good as new, if not better.

When I rang up Driveline to tell them to cancel the fuse cover, they said "why sir, you need it, otherwise it could drop on your legs and foul you up while driving", to which I replied "I've fixed it, pop riveted it back in place - as good as new".

Their reply "Sir, I think you are lying, you can't repair the panel"

How I laughed.
Currently in futsysmids's garage:
2000 renault laguna I 1.9dti Alize
  5 Lastest Threads by futsysmids
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna I and major problems Bodywork madnoel10 8 1818 10th March 2007 03:33 PM
laguna clutch & gearbox Transmissions Lagdti 3 1510 17th September 2006 11:30 AM
Laguna MK1 Fuse Panel Cars & motoring leroy 1 1854 8th September 2006 02:47 PM
Renault Laguna 2000 model Cars & motoring futsysmids 2 1150 10th August 2006 04:51 PM
Renault Laguna 2000 model Cars & motoring Horatio 1 1138 9th August 2006 09:34 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome