Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio - Replacement key w/central locking button

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 12th August 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Clio - Replacement key w/central locking button

Originally Posted by nayth View Post
Hi I'm new to this forum. I was just wondering what if it is the sensor that is broke not the key. As a common fault with my age of (clio 98 rn) is the roof leaks where the aieral is and water can get on the sensor. Which is what has happened to mine.

So I'm just wondering if I have to buy a new sensor from the dealer or can I jst get one from a breaker?

If anyone else has had this probem what did you do to resolve.

hi ya

iv had this problem for years or shall i say had. when i first bought my 99 clio 1.4 rt the key worked fine, but then one heavy rain storm caused a leak in the roof. after this my key no longer worked. i went to a garage and they said the cost was not worth it and just to use it manually. recently i was reading on here and decided to give some of the advice a shot. i bought a new IR reader (the little circuit board) around 50 which just plugs straight in behind the interior light, re-synched my key (using the great advice on here) and hay presto its working again. should have tried this when it first happened!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome