Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Plastic bumper colour doesnt match metal bodywork colour.

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12th August 2011 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Plastic bumper colour doesnt match metal bodywork colour.

Ok heres the "skinny".

A quick google and I came up with this

Seems to be a challenge for manufacturers too,not just repairers!
Ironic that they mention beige metallic(light gold) or as its called here , renault stone grey.

Soo it seems I ordered the absolute hardest plastic/metal match colour,which wouldnt be a big worry if it was manufactured to exactly match in the first place.

I have sent an enquiry directly to where it was purchased,still awaiting results,but I would expect ,if renault aint gonna give them warranty backsheesh,I will be micturitioning into the prevailing local hi to lo pressure flow.

The thing is the rear match is almost perfect ,at least I cant see any difference.Perhaps its a greyer plastic.Anyway:

The Megane III looks good,mho but it doesnt take a lot to make it look "bitty" if that makes sense.

Q part.
1. I wouldnt go so far as to get the front resprayed just to try and achieve aperfect colour blend unless I had another reason.
The reason:

If you check the description and the pictures there,you can see
a. the grey metallic example doesnt quite match at the wheelwell area,to my eye at least.
b.The red metallic rear 3/4 view looks like a mismatch to me,very slightly..

The kits themselves arent ooh expensive, but they will of course arrive in ..probably white plastic so would need to be repainted.

the q's are: Do people think the car looks better with the "kit" or not?.

Im not sure ,the body panel depth is extended ,but its already quite deep..
I dont want a hey "its chunky"(think madagascar the movie, appearance)
The standard coupe design flows well,mho .
This kit ,the rear valance looks the best thing about it to me.
The sideskirts cover to just that area where the underbody protection"knobbly paint" extends.

rs type versions as u probably know have a complete body colour rear end and the black"side rubber" is body coloured also.

So assuming renault itself gives me the 2 fingers ,and cost including kit works out around 500-600 and the colour matches!.Is it worth it?.

Sigh check this :
does the front bumper look a lot different to the metal panel next to it or not>?
Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 12th August 2011 at 08:13 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome