Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Thinking of buying an Espace

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12th August 2011
Trev's Bus
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Thinking of buying an Espace

Originally Posted by DiscoStu View Post
Hi I'm a newbe on here and we are thinking of trading in our current laguna and upgrading to an Espace 2.2 or 3.0 diesel as the family has grown in numbers. What are they like? Known problems? Anythings to look out for when buying.

I was in exactly the same boat had a look at a few Espace's one was an automatic and I didn't like the gearbox. The other were all really huge mileage. I settled for a grand scenic 1.9 DCI better economy, tax and insurance is cheaper. I only got it yesterday but hope I have made the right descision. I doesn't look that big from the outside but has loads of room with the back 2 seats folding into the floor with ease. I would have a look at them also. The common fault with the scenic is the dashboard fails but I have managed to find one that had it replaced along with the turbo . Fingers crossed I have made the right choice. Have you got a part ex value for your laguna? The few garages I went into were offering buttons so I am selling mine privately. Good luck!
Currently in Trev's Bus's garage:
2005 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9 DCI
The Following User Says Thank You to Trev's Bus For This Useful Post:
DiscoStu (13th August 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome