Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Water leaking into car footwells

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 14th August 2011
Bus Driver
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Water leaking through windscreen

Water has started leaking in through the top of the passenger side windscreen. When it rains the water drops from about four inches in from the corner.

To experiment, I simply poured water down over the windscreen, starting maybe two or three inches above the glass. The water leaked through. It didn't seem to matter whether the water was poured exactly over the spot where the water dropped on the inside or a little further along - it still leaked.

I've read the posts about other water leaks and can confirm that it is not coming in through the aerial or has anything to do with blocked door seals. The windscreen has never been replaced.

Renault dealer told me that the glass is bonded directly onto the frame of the car, and that the window stripping is simply cosmetic. So that's not it.

And Autoglass told me that the adhesive to bond the glass to the frame never wears out. So that's most likely not it either.

Anybody else have experience of this that can shed some light?

Currently in Bus Driver's garage:
2001 Y Espace
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome