Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - A new Master (possible) purchaser

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: A new Master (possible) purchaser

I just bought a new Trafic, minor niggles like loosing wheel trims because they dont fit. In low speed traffic jams the gearbox is noisy in lower gears with load, no temp gauge, so a bit nervous as I have always watched the gauge and altered speeds accordingly, 30+ deg and loaded and trying to cruise abroad at about the 80mph limit. The book says when the cooling light comes on stop and call a dealer, surely that is too late. Towbar fitted at time of purchase does not have visual or sound warnings, I thought this was law. (not doing 80 with trailer, by the way)
Phoning the dealer is impossible as you cant get past the menu or reception so decided to visit, I was offered different wheel trims at special rate which I declined as they should stay on. I was shown a Renault momo which said that gearbox noise was normal so dont do anything.
On the plus side it is comfortable and quiet and economical (fuel wise) I would like to keep it like my last van which was 7 years and 150,000 miles, but I am not filled with confidence about being able to do this.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome