Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - grand scenic 2005 dealer problems advice needed

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy grand scenic 2005 dealer problems advice needed

Hi i am new to this and apologies if i am all over the place.

I would be very grateful if anyone out there could give me some advice on my problem relating to my 2005 renault grand scenic.

A vibration problem has emerged recently.This very bad vibration occurred when my car was driven at over 90kmph.

I phoned dealer to ask their advice and was told it was most likely a balancing problem. I got wheels balanced but that didnt cure problem. I called dealer and he agreed to take car for a test run and when he felt the vibration he reccommended a service station to get wheels balanced again. I did this but it didnt cure vibration. As I was going on holidays i left it until my returnand then contacted dealer once again.

I told him that the vibration was a lot worse since balancing. They agreed to take car in for a checkup and had a few mechanics look at it .They concluded that it had to be a drive shaft problem which was covered under warranty and would replace drivers drive shaft. This they discovered didnt cure problem so they decided to replace drive shaft on passenger side of car. They contacted me to collect car and assured me that they had test run the car and problem was cured and car was 110% a okay.

I got car back took it for run that evening and as soon as i hit 97kmph vibration was there.I contacted dealer next morning and was quite annoyed with their attitude. They insisted that car was AOK that their mechanic had signed off car and after quite a long discussion tried to get me to call AA and get them to tow car into garage. This i suspect was to pass responsiblity onto AA to give me a replacement car. I refused to get AA involved as i said car was their problem not AA . To cut a long story short husband got on to garage and then i left car back and they give me a replacement car.

The problem is now that i got a call from dealer today saying that i had not informed them that i had a new tyre on car.They have now concluded that this has been causing the problem and that i should have told them that I had a new tyre on car. As a result they are now stating that because they have replaced 2 drive shafts and spent time and labour on car it will not be covered under warranty and therefore i will have to incur the costs. As i didnt say it was a drive shaft problem and they replaced 2 drive shafts that didnt need replaced am i wrong in believing that this is their incompetence?

Why should i be liable for costs as i had left the car in because it was vibratiing? Should i have mentioned that a new tyre had been placed on car as this was quite a few months ago and vibration only occurred in the last couple of weeks?

Can anyone advise me on this matter please
  5 Lastest Threads by ourrudi
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
grand scenic 2005 dealer problems advice needed Cars & motoring ourrudi 13 2195 9th September 2006 12:03 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome