Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Write off?

Thread: Write off?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st August 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs down Write off?

Hi there,

I'm looking for some advice, and hoping I'm posting in the correct place!

Back in Feb of this year, I was involved in an accident with my 10 reg Clio, just my car, and basically it needed a whole lot of work done to it - wishbones snapped, suspension shattered, steering gone, alloys buckled etc etc. My insurance company paid for the work to be done, and a couple months down the line I got her back!

On Friday, I was leaving work and a Spanish artic lorry was beside me, I pulled out as there was loads of space for me to go, but he followed alongside me... he didnt see me at all, went across both lanes, and pretty much took the side and front of my car off.

Company have admitted full liability - he was Spanish, thus drivers seat on opposite side, hense why he prob didnt see me.

The bumper, headlight, grill, wheel arch and alloy are all knackered, and now sat in the back of the car.

Not really sure whether this may constitute an insurance write off? Reason I'm asking - I've got a claims record with the previous accident being my fault, and not really sure how to take it from here. I currently have a rental car until my courtesy one comes.

Will the insurance more than likely think its worth fixing as they already spent out so much on this, or are they likely to scrap it seeing as they have spent so much and this is third party fault.

Thoughts would be fab, I'm starting to worry about being refused insurance again!!!

Thank you
  5 Lastest Threads by elzpop
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Any idea on the parts needed for this? Cars & motoring tahrey 5 1474 21st August 2011 04:27 PM
Write off? Cars & motoring tahrey 6 1858 21st August 2011 10:57 AM
9 month old Clio, write off? Cars & motoring Lagdti 6 2261 26th February 2011 12:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome