Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - very very angry

Thread: very very angry
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th September 2006 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy very very angry

dont know where to start on this one had a long term fault on my 2.1td espace where it kept getting air in the fuel system causing starting problems & stalling at junctions .after running a new fuel pipe from the tank to the pump missing out the filter the stalling problem was cured but the starting problem persissted ended up having to put a rubber bulb hand primer in the circuit whitch seemed to help then after it started agian (replaced battery second in 7 months ) decided to do something about it contacted a local non franchise renault work shop who had the car in for a check .
they recomended changing all the fuel lines again for the correct renault parts fitting a new filter & filter head they would also do an oil change & pre mot inspection .had to pay £290 for the fuel lines & filter as they had to be ordered from renault .these arrived the car was handed over on weds for the work to be done .
got a phone call thurs am they had found a broken rear coil spring whitch would need replacing imediatly (it fell out in four pieces when car lifted !) these were replaced on both sides at cost off £110
phoned thurs pm told car wont be ready untill friday evening .
friday pm go to collect car told needs new rack for mot otherwise spot on go to start it took two lots of cranking before it got going then settled down drove away thinking faults gone had gone less than 1 mileform the garage before it started to cut out every time i stopped at a junction or in traffic was now stuck in one way system in the evening rush with a car that keeps dying & is takeing longer to restart each time phoned the garage only to be told everyone had gone & they will get the mechanic to call .
he duelly called wasnt prepared to accept it was there fault had to drive on for 11miles thruogh the evening rush with this problem getting worse .
can anybody help leggaly as the car was sent in to cure a starting problem but has come back with the fault still not cured & a new problem that makes it virtualy undrivable
am not prepared to name names YET but will after i have spoken to them on monday if they continue to fob me off can anyone help thanx.
am now nearly £800 worse of with a car that i cant use & very very angry
Currently in peanuts's garage:
1993 espace 2.1tdi

Last edited by peanuts; 9th September 2006 at 10:21 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by peanuts
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
disaster Cars & motoring peanuts 13 2212 19th September 2007 08:49 AM
bloody central locking ! Cars & motoring Truckbusuk 2 1159 30th August 2007 08:27 AM
drug shock Jokes & funny stuff ottoman 2 916 21st August 2007 08:23 AM
lee hughes right or wrong ? Football Lagdti 5 1474 10th August 2007 08:41 AM
nervous ?you bet Football Lagdti 5 1988 10th May 2007 10:14 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome