Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace 2007 tyre wear

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 22nd August 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Espace 2007 tyre wear

I have a 55 reg 3.0dci. I first realised there was odd tyre wear when I had my G Espace in kwikfit (I know...) to have the discs and pads changed and they pointed out they rear tyre had to be replaced as it was down to the cord. This was odd I thought as I had check the middle of the tyre which was at about 5mm. I went along, looked on the ramp saw it and was amazed. I was told they can't do too much about allignment for the rear and Espaces do this anyway. Since then they have worn reasonably evenly on the back but I now run Continentals on the rear.

A month previous to this I had etyres out to replace the front tyres with Goodyear Eagle F1s at a cost of 420. Fast forward to its MOT and again despite being at 5-6mm across the middle of the tyre, the inside edge has worn through to the canvas and cord is exposed. That tyre lasted 5 months, and did LESS than 4000 miles.

The garage (non Renault) is re doing the tracking and replacing the tyre. They don't believe the tyre was defective or damaged but was down to the tracking being way out. I'll try and get some pictures tommorow.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome