Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - 'Kangarooing' When Accelerating*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 22nd August 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Re: Renault Scenic 1 - 'Kangarooing' When Accelerating*FIXED*

Hi I have a 2000 1.4 16V scenic, it is breaking my heart. It kept going through coils like a hot knife through butter. About three weeks ago it developed the same symptoms that have been described in this thread, but unfortunately nobody has mentioned my version of the scenic. I replaced all the coils with second hand ones from a scrapped motor with very little mileage on it. Last Thursday my motor refused to idle for me, I tool it to my local dealership and they cleaned the stepper motor, it is the thing with the piston in it that regulates the air going to the manifold. It worked fine that afternoon, then on Saturday I had to go to town and it would not idle when I started her clod, when she was 1/2 way hot she would idle but very slow. I went into the shops and came out again and she would not idle again. I called the dealer this morning and they said that the stepper motor must be bad so they advised me to try a second hand one, which I did, but not the motor will not what anyone would call idle, she is what I would call hunting between 2000 and 2500 and will not go any lower for me. I do hope that someone will be ab;e to help me please. I took the airbopx of and under it there is a hard plastic tube coming from the inlet manifold corner and going to a rubber pipe near the bulkhead. My problem as far as I am concerned is air getting in somewhere, but it is getting harder and harder with each newer motor I get, it is like they do not want you working at them yourself.

Many thanks for reading this and for any help that might be forthcoming Wez
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome