Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2010 Megane sports bodykit problem (warranty question)

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 25th August 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: 2010 Megane sports bodykit problem (warranty question)

What happened with the warranty issue?.

I would see it as ,what if your whole rear bumper section began to work loose?. Would that be "not covered " as well.
18000 so what ,isnt it like one year unlimited milage, and 3 years 60000 as a minimum cover.There is also a 5 year option,which can be included for free if you buy when a special offer is on.
Its original fitting from new .It would be "very bad form" if this wasnt covered.

Their only possible "excuse " might be impact damage,or did u have a tyre change recently.
Perhaps one new tyre to go with the spare / or swopping front to back to equalise wear ?
Your local nobody does it qwiker than a cheap tyre fitter guys in my experience :
They put the car on a mini ramp,then 4 rubber blocks roughly where the car jack points on the car would be . Then lift so that all 4 wheels are clear of the ground.
Ive seen it bend and distort side skirts .
My previous car the side skirts were permanently pulled away from the original position, due to this as the plastic extends slightly below the metal underneath (rubber blocks lift the plastic first).

I didnt know renault did this kit until recently , but had seen what I thought was an aftermarket , non renault kit advertised from 2 or 3 guys in poland.

It does look to be exactly the same as the renault version.

I dont really like the look of the side skirts with 2 different depths but you can buy the pieces seperately(still have to get em painted of course.

How do you find the "kit" otherwise?. Does the front spoiler bit get "grounded" at all?
Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 25th August 2011 at 08:58 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome