Thread: Surface Scuffs
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 26th August 2011
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,852 Posts
Re: Surface Scuffs

Speaking as someone who repairs this type of damage professionally, this is the product I use;

It is the Mutts Nuts, at removing surface imperfections, all done by hand. Naturally, if the paint has been chipped/removed, it will need some applied, but use this first, and you will be absolutely amazed with how much seemingly 'shot' paintwork can be restored.

Apply a small amount onto a soft cloth, and rub into the damaged area, keep making circular motions until the polish buffs clear & repeat if necessary - then apply some normal wax-polish onto the area you have worked & buff up again.

Don't worry about this one being 'out of date', I have used the remains of a bottle a few months out of code, and noticed no difference at all - but it'll put some folk off & you can grab a bargain.

Don't apply it onto hot paintwork, or use it as part of a regular cleaning regime, but you will end up doing the entire car, so good will the paintwork turn out.

Don't mess around with the stuff you can buy in the shops, what the bodyshops use is a world apart.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome