Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Any idea on the parts needed for this?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 26th August 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 14 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: Any idea on the parts needed for this?

Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
I don't know, I don't know.

Personally speaking (speaking as someone who has dismantled & reassembled cars), I would do this myself. The bumper bar has taken a knock, but from what I can see - there is no damage to the mechanical parts, or fluid leaks.

If a new bumper bar fits (and is square, once mounted), I can't see how the remainder of the car would be misaligned.

At the end of the day, what is at the front end of cars these days is only plastic, and really only there for cosmetic purposes - it's limit of flexibility has been breached, but that is only to be expected.

The difficulty may well lie in getting secondhand parts in the correct colour (to avoid spraying them).

I would take many measurements (using the bumper bar mounts as one of the reference points, the other being the centre of the front wheels to the centre of the rear wheels) to see if the measurements differ - if they do, the car will need re-jigged, if they are the same - then it is a cosmetic issue.

as above take measurements first if you can get the measurements from another car
Currently in bugsb's garage:
MGF 1.8 1999/ honda hrv 2002/ x type jag se 2005
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome