Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Faulty Coils Causing Warning Light(Including General Info)*fixed*

View Single Post
post #77 of (permalink) Old 28th August 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Faulty Coils Causing Warning Light(Including General Info)*fixed

That really is top advice, just had to join the forum to say that I'm a complete neanderthal when it comes to cars, but I had this same problem a few months ago and followed these simple instructions. Cost me 30 for a replacement from Bullseye and fixed the problem. I was so proud of myself! If I can do it then a chimp could, it was unbelievably simple!

Another went yesterday and thankfully I'd bookmarked this page (took me ages to find it last time), so that's a small fortune you guys have saved me in garage costs, thanks so much.

Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
To test them,disconnect the injectors one at a time and not the coils .The coils are wired in pairs,so if you disconnect one it takes another one out too.(Hence the amount of people on the forum who have had two replaced at the same time,when one would have fixed it........)
Currently in MGullett's garage:
2001 Scenic 16V
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome