Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Going to look at Espace and need help

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10th September 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clutch problems seem to be a problem with a lot of newer cars. I think it affects turbo diesels mostly - as "tight fisted" manufacturers can't be bothered to upgrade the clutch components to allow for the extra torque from a turbo diesel. To save a few pennies they fit standard "petrol " engine clutch components. Peugeot/Citroen have problems with clutches, I know - we had to have a new clutch at 30,000 in the Pic "ass"o. I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles and this was the first time I have ever had to have a new clutch.

cav - is it a wise move to buy an older car with unknown history and a dodgy clutch! If the clutch assembly has been replaced recently it either wasn't done properly or wasn't done. Why else would the clutch still be iffy?
I know you fancy an Espace but you would probably be better off waiting rather than changing just because someone can do you a "deal".

You don't say what engine it has, mileage,service history, overall condition etc so it's difficult to comment on a possible value for it.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome