Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - grand scenic 2005 dealer problems advice needed

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 11th September 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by ourrudi
...he stated that they had laser balanced the tyres and they were perfectly balanced. Now this i am just thinking completely contradicts what he told me the following day and that is that the new tyre (which incidently) isnt that new has caused a balancing problem and hence vibration. Now how could that be so if he told me on the thursday that on monday they had balanced tyres and they were 100% okay yet on friday they werent.
I suspect he meant laser tracking/alignment rather than balancing, which is different kind of check (basically making sure all the wheels point in the correct direction). It is possible to have fully done the tracking and the wheels not be balanced - but there is little point tracking it without checking the balance of each tyre/wheel first.

It looks to me as if they've throw everything at the problem without thinking about it and applying order to the problem solving (balancing is quicker than cheaper than tracking for example), which makes it their problem unless you'd deliberately mislead them, which you haven't.

Is the replacement tyre the same brand as all the others BTW?
Currently in Tripps's garage:
Clio 172 Cup
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome