Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Haynes Manuals

Thread: Haynes Manuals
View Single Post
post #58 of (permalink) Old 31st August 2011
Inveterate Bodger
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Haynes Manuals

I have one for both my car and my bike ... and my previous car ... and my first ... and my brothers' first (an 80s Astra...), which isn't actually a Haynes but some other long-dead brand. Typically if I buy a new vehicle I'll track a manual down soon-as. Longest delay so far was about 6 months for the bike, as nowhere carried one that covered the most recent update, therefore actually covering the type I was riding.

The current ones are occasionally-useful references - though I've probably got the info I've actually used about 49-49-02 between them, the interweb, and my own research (seems I'm the first person to ever do a few particular things, at least in public...!).

The older ones, well... my own are part nostalgia, part too beat up and oily to be worth trying to sell on, and will only be recycling bin bound when it's certain I'm 99.9% never ever going to drive or have contact with one of them again. Brothers is like a gateway into a different world... (and, bizarrely, I think may end up more useful for servicing some things on my bike - e.g. the carb - than its own manual).

There's plentiful good reasons I've happily jumped on the bandwagon of calling them The Big Book Of Lies, but occasionally they come good. Managed to change a gearbox and a cambelt/head gasket using one before, after all, with only a leeeetle help from the net.
Currently in tahrey's garage:
Honda CG125, Scott Voltage MX5, dirt, lots of random bottles and tools, porktastic Clio III DCi, dodgy shelves...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome