Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - biggest botch job

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st August 2011 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
biggest botch job

now i know we're all honset folk here on RF, and some of us have been around cars ,one way or another for way too many years, mostof us have even sold on the odd banger or 2.
with this in mind, whats the biggets botch / cowboy job you've done on a car just to get it off your hands

mine was an old austin 1800 which had lace for a n/s front wing, so out came the head light and off came the wheel and away i went with about 3 newspapers and 1/2 a ton of plastic padding, slapping it on like a proper plasterer.
replaced the head lamp while it was still drying ( up-side down ,so when main beam went on it was a search light instead of a head light),
once dry, out came 2 large cans of spray on underseal, then hand painted the whole car with pale blue dulux gloss paint

the car looked greatfrom about 3 miles away but still fetched 150 quid at auction ,hopefully only for spares, although to be honest apart from the plastic wing and paint job it was otherwise pretty much sound.

anyone done worse ?

' iron man ' is a super hero........ ' iron woman ' is a command
Currently in smutty's garage:
megane 1.5 80 dci, , several types of bus and an o4 plate citroen xsara picaso and an 07 plate vauxhall astra sxi
  5 Lastest Threads by smutty
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
dead battery Electronics smutty 6 1528 1st February 2012 07:51 AM
climbing diggers General Chat excavator 2 1005 29th November 2011 02:54 PM
thinking outside the box Jokes & funny stuff smutty 1 1028 6th October 2011 07:45 PM
once a crim' General Chat bobbydog 2 961 4th October 2011 06:18 PM
some weird body prog on ch5 General Chat smutty 4 1170 1st October 2011 07:37 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome