Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - HELP - Service history

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
HELP - Service history

I won't bore everyone too much with the details but:

I bought a 2003 Scenic dci FIDJI with 42k mls at the weekend from an ebay trader in Leeds. When I got to Leeds (4hr journey) the history he talked about didn't exist and the service book was empty. After that journey and a good look at the car (which was straight and HPI clear) and paid for it and he gave me a written guarantee that he would be able to trace the dealer history.
Since then I've attempted it myself and pulled blanks at every seems this car hasn't been to any dealers up there and even has a recall outstanding on the windscreen.

I'm in panic mode now and can't get help from my local Renault dealers as they say they cannot find the history on the Renault database if it wasn't done by them? Is this true????

The V5 says "Bank of Scotland" was the previous fleet owner so I would very much expect it to have been near a Renault dealers's just finding out where?

Needless to say Bank of Scotland are proving very elusive/no help.

5 Lastest Threads by familyguy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic FIDJI Glued gearknob Cars & motoring nthesx 4 1731 11th September 2006 09:17 PM
HELP - Service history Cars & motoring vass20 11 2252 11th September 2006 02:25 PM
Scenic Rear Seatbelts Cars & motoring Lagdti 4 1146 11th September 2006 10:38 AM
Red Bungy Chord? Cars & motoring familyguy 2 876 10th September 2006 11:31 AM
Replacing The Write-off Wheels & tyres Heckler 11 1893 9th September 2006 08:12 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome