Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - CD Changer .... driving me MAD

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th September 2006 Thread Starter
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Question CD Changer .... driving me MAD

I've got a 2004 Espace Priv, and the CD changer is an Alpine unit mounted in the boot in the LHS cubby.

Since the car was delivered the CD's have been most erratic ... some times they play with no issue, other times they "skip", "jump", "pause" the condition of the road surface does not appear to be much of a contributor ... sometimes a large pothole makes it pause and then continue (error correction ?) other times a bomb crater has no impact ... it playes on quite happily. Smooth roads are a dream ... no problems but run over mouse droppings and the system skips, jumps and pauses, then continues (error correction again?)

Its getting to the point I dont want to listen to it any more.

My dealer has checked it every time its been in for other problems (13 visits in 2 years ) ... and always reports back "no fault found" or "we did not notice that happening" cant believe this ... it happens too often.

They have assured me that they checked the transit screws... so its not that .........

HELP ... can any of the RTE's tell me the magic words to utter to the dealer that will get this fixed/repaired or replaced or at least tested properly.

Its due in the dealers for its 18k service later this week any feedback would be helpful.
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
  5 Lastest Threads by Truckbusuk
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
4Car - web site is no more ... General Chat Truckbusuk 0 1542 31st December 2009 08:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome