Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic - has my petrol tank warped?

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 4th September 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Scenic - has my petrol tank warped?

that is correct, 20-30min absolute max time for the tank to have the pump removed.

ideally it needs to be empty, if full you will have 5 minutes or so.

Renault do a specialst tool for undoing the ring, it has 3 adjustable arms, and has a 1/2" socket head. price is about 50 or so.

most garages dont have such a universal tool, those they can get are a hell of a lot more expensive.
so you could always flog it on afterwards to get your money back.

regarding fuel tanks:
you will need to contact a breakers yard and make arrangements to have the tank removed during the decontamination process when they bring the car in. as ECO-Industry regulation demands that they punch a drainage tap in the bottom of all tanks, rendering them as utter scrap and worthless.

have you also checked the filler unit interconnecting hose, its about 2-3" wide and 4-6" long comes with jubilee clips, costs about 25 from renault.

i had similar problem with my old lag1, constant smell of fuel, i also changed the sender unit ring as well as some hoses on the top of the tank. later i still had smell, and it was the fiiller unit lower hose that was seeping.

easy to change, may need to take the inner rear arch cover off to get full access though.
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
The Following User Says Thank You to mord For This Useful Post:
mattius (4th September 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome