Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.9 dCi No Turbo Boost*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 7th September 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 1.9 dCi No Boost

Originally Posted by benmini View Post
Just as an update to this, I have found and fixed the problem!!

From reading other threads, i worked out that there was no boost sometimes due to the waste gate either being stuck open or the control solenoid being stuck.

So i removed the vacuum pipe from the solenoid to the waste gate. a good suck on the end of it proved that there where no leaks and the diaphragm could be heard lifting the valve and re-seating it.

The solenoid was was not open circuit electrically and was not blocked, by the blow and suck test again. This lead me think what tells the solenoid to move.

I looked at the boost pressure sensor located on the pipe from inter-cooler to inlet manifold. took out the sensor cleaned and replaced, still same problem. I then removed the wiring to this sensor from the plastic conduit and found one of the wires to be broken. Soldered them back together and problem went away!!!!!!!!

This has been caused by the age of he cabling and the heating effect of the engine, the heat has stressed the cable insulation and made it stiff and brittle, the heating effect has also slightly tempered the copper through the constant heating and cooling.

I guess if you get told that a sensor is playing up either by a fault code or mechanic, you should also check the wires to the sensor for signs of ageing.

Speaking about breaks in cables, i had a fault in my ABS a few months ago and a diagnostics test revealed what wheel it was in so i had a look at the sensor and the magnetic ring and all looked fine so i check the wiring and i noticed a very small amount of green powder coming from a small slit in the wire insulation which looked like copper corrosion so i opened the hole and low and behold the copper wire had corroded right through. wire snipped and rejoined, problem solved!
Currently in steakp1e's garage:
2003 Laguna II 1.9 DCi Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome