Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Twingo Ignition Problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th September 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Twingo Ignition Problem

First of all, I'm not sure I'm posting this on the right section of the forum. I new here and I can say I joined in because of my problem (and also because I want to learn how to take better care of my car).
I've got my driver's license for almost two years and I've been driving mainly my parents' Twingo (it's from 1998, if I'm not mistaken).
He's got little more than 130.000 km (about half of that in miles) and in the past few months half the times I try to start the engine, it fails.
No lights show up, no weird sounds, nothing. Simply won't go.
This Twingo has a mechanism that won't let you start the car if it has been open for a long time and you have to close and re-open the doors using the key so it'll start. That's not the problem.
It was once taken to a mechanic (with a different problem) and he told me that it had a button that would do a similar thing in case the car hit a big bump. That doesn't seem to be the case.
It simply will fail a couple times until it starts, kinda like starting a chainsaw.

What's the most probable problem with this symptom? That's the only one I find and it's a pain, specialy when I'm late. I always wait a minute or two between tries.

I'm sorry if my english isn't perfect, it's not my main language.
And thank you in advance.
  5 Lastest Threads by dsh
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Twingo Ignition Problem Cars & motoring ronenfe 1 1159 12th September 2011 02:49 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome