Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lag 2 - toxic fume indicator

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 13th September 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Lag 2 - toxic fume indicator

As I am off to the states on Thursday and have quite a bit to sort out, I didn't get round to this last night. I will check it tonight.

In the meantime, I did read a bit more this morning about this issue. Can someone please tell me what a lumpy ride is? I did start to think the engine was a bit noiser than it has been in the past, but I put that down to the fact that I have changed my driving style to keep my revs around 2.5K - apparently this makes things more fuel efficient. But I guess it was probably the first tell tale sign of what was to come. Another thing, and I have noticed this since I first bought the car about a year ago - it cuts easily, and the revs can randomly drop in a negative spike when idling. Also, If I do a quickish u-turn and the camber of the road is a bit much it cuts out too. I am guess this might all be related and has been a long time coming... i.e. it is not down to anything my mechanic did. Is what I have described here a "lumpy ride"? I have seen this term used quite often but I can't work out what it means.

The car doesn't seem to be misfiring so far as I can tell, but with the windows wound down I am almost sure the engine is a bit throatier than before.

I have checked with the dealiership and they have quoted me 32 for Renault plugs and 54 (x4 = 216) for coils . That's a lot!!! 250 to replace the lot, just after a 200 service. Once that has all been changed what has to be done to clear that warning light? If I just insert the key card and wiat for the display lights come one and go off, the toxic fume indicator remains. So, if it can't have detected any more unburnt fuel since the last journey (as the car has been parked and not switched on), and in that time could have been repaired, this light needs to be reset... correct?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome