Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane does start (sometimes!)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th September 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Megane does start (sometimes!)

My 1996 Renault Megane intermittently won't start.

It'll be fine for a bit and then I'll go to start the car and nothing happens with the engine. The electrics all come on, and the imobiliser is all fine (ie - car is NOT imobilised - keys are functioning fine), but nothing happens with the engine.

Normally when this happens, if the car is just left for a bit, say half-an-hour, the car will then start up ok. However, of late it has been happening more frequently and with longer wait periods before the car will start again.

I've just been to a garage to try and get it sorted, only for them to say that since the car is starting fine at the moment, they don't know what the problem is. They suspect it may be "a dry spot on the starter motor."

I'm somewhat relucant to just chuck money at the problem and hope it goes away. I wonder if anyone else here has ever come across the same or a similar problem?

5 Lastest Threads by sjpknight
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Megane does start (sometimes!) Electronics mikemeganert 15 5427 27th September 2005 04:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome