Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault- 1998 Megane - Starting problems :(

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Renault- 1998 Megane - Starting problems :(

Hello everyone,

1st time on here so be gentle with me

I bought a 1998 megane RT 1.4 a couple of weeks ago and ive been having some trouble with it starting. I spoke to the garage i got it from but they dont want to know

2 Days after i had the car i went out and the car wouldnt start as if the immobiliser was still on. I locked and unlocked the car a few times but it still didnt work so called breakdown cover out to look at it and he started car first time and suggested it was batteries in the key. Was away all week and never got a chance to change the batteries but car was fine untill a week later when it did the same thing again, i got batteries and they were changed. Hey presto it started!! Thought great thats all it was. Well i was wrong, i then went to go out again and it wont start again! Will not start for love no money now

Car turns over but doesnt kick in, few people have suggested it could be the batt not holding its charge
I did think it could be the immobiliser but the LED light goes out when i unlock the car and does everything its meant to.

Sorry its long but if anyone has any ideas of what it might be id be very greatful!

single mum, i cant afford huge car bills lol
  5 Lastest Threads by bear230681
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Megane - New key Cars & motoring tommy2shooter 5 2723 24th April 2007 09:25 AM
Renault- 1998 Megane - Starting problems :( Cars & motoring bear230681 7 1690 13th September 2006 09:03 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome