Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hello! Laguna II 2.2dci fuel economy?!

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 19th September 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Re: Hello! Laguna II 2.2dci fuel economy?!

Originally Posted by LittyMan View Post
Welcome to the expensive world of Lag 2! I may be speaking out of tern but I have had everything replaced. Turbo, inlet manifold, 4 injectors, intercooler etc, the ERG was replaced by Renault under warranty 4 years ago. I tried driving mine like a vicar and I am still only getting 29mpg. I have looked on the forum for advice but it has not worked. Now fed up with Renault, my Lag 2 has cost me far too much money over a 5 year period. Now going Japanese, bring on the reliable Accord 2.4 Vtec!! Goodby to Renault forum. And goodby Sport tourer 2.2DCi
Right - your constructive post helped the original poster in what way? I appreciate that we've not all had the best experience with reliability but simply dumping your thoughts about the car in this thread isn't helping the original poster in any way with the inquiry posted.

Hopefully somebody with experience of the Lag 2 with this engine in good working order will tell you what one should achieve. We have threads on the forum for owners' MPG reports on 1.9 dCis and most of the petrols, but not the 2.2 for some reason...

Low fuel economy could be caused by a number of things - assuming the air filter is clean, and the tracking is good I'd suggest inspecting the EGR valve to make sure it isn't clogged up with sooty gunk to start with. Again, hopefully somebody with more experience of this engine will suggest further steps.

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azurael For This Useful Post:
PsiLo (22nd September 2011), VelSatisfied (23rd September 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome