Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - HELP - Service history

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 13th September 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by familyguy
I did an HPI check before buying and there were no discrepancies.
This morning I managed to find the Renault dealer (Sunwins in Preston) that did it's first service...albeit at 21k which is a bit late? The car has done 42k and I've a feeling that the lease co. never did it's 36k. Does anyone know what's involved on a 36k service.... oil and filter are being changed at the weekend but wondering if there are any other biggies that need checking? I know cambelt is 72,000.

Main dealer will do me a free health check next week also.
HPI check doesn't mean a thing. All they are doing is checking the genuine car. But the service record helps as long as it is genuine. Mine had everything correct except for the electronic data stored in the computer which a local agent was able to extract at the request of the police who requested the information on my insistance.

Cambelt should be at 72k or five years whichever comes sooner. It should all be in the manual and there is an A schedule and a B schedule. B is mostly top-ups and oil /filter change but they still wanted over 300 at main dealer's. My information is that all dealers should be able to give you a printout of what has been done to the car since new, including recalls and other Renault dictated work (like new software). This also tells you if recent work done is still under warranty (12 months on parts and labour)
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome