Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane - Juddering

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 27th September 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane - Juddering

Hi All,

I have recently joined the Forum in search of some help, I'm hoping that there is someone who has either come across the problem or maybe able to offer some advice which I can pass on to the dealer so they can sort it.

I bought a Megane 1.4 Dynamique (54) just under two weeks ago and have been in Service reception 4 times the problem is that I do most of my driving round town and spend the majority of time sat at traffic lights, while the car is stationary it starts to judder, this increases over time to the point where you start to feel sick. My local Renault dealer claims everytime that their super duper all singing all dancing fault finding computer system finds - No fault. In my opinion the fault is mechanical and not electrical and therefore the computer aint gonna find anything, you cant tell them that though.

They said that they had changed the throttle housing and that this would solve the problem but no, Im still juddering.

As I still have 2 years warranty I would like to be able to go down there armed with some extra info - any ideas?

Cheers Trouty
Currently in Trouty1980's garage:
1.4 Megane '54'

Last edited by Trouty1980; 27th September 2005 at 07:06 PM. Reason: I bodged it
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome