Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How much have you spent on your Renault this year

View Single Post
post #317 of (permalink) Old 25th September 2011
Inveterate Bodger
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: How much have you spent on your Renault this year

I'm quite amazed that the typical repair bills are enough that I'm in the lowest bracket... Well... maybe the second one, depending exactly when I had the gearbox done.

Most recent: Alternator, "water rail" + fresh coolant and fanbelt, at garage - 270ish

Before that, engine mount replacement and fitting of my final spare tyre (not wheel... tyre!) - 200ish and a further fiver.

Just squeaking under 500 altogether I think.

On top of that, maybe a new gearbox and clutch, 350 all in, so 850ish if it was within a year.

...oh, and whatever the total overall cost was of having the seized/snapped wheel bolt drilled out and replaced after a DIY tyre rotation went t1ts-up, but that's more a "own stupid fault" than something the car genuinely cost me.

Not much else "big" other than that though, in nearly 3 years of ownership, so it averages out. Maybe a shock absorber here, brake pads there, a set of coils , cambelt (by choice), etc... The upkeep costs have been, from my low-wage perspective, fairly average.
Currently in tahrey's garage:
Honda CG125, Scott Voltage MX5, dirt, lots of random bottles and tools, porktastic Clio III DCi, dodgy shelves...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome