Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - clio 53 dynamique

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 26th September 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: clio 53 dynamique

I suffered from that stupid air bag warning lamp problem a few months back. Turns out it was caused by rear passengers' feet snagging the sensor under the front passenger's seat. The dealer put a plastic shield over the sensor when the car was in for servicing which has alleviated the problem.
More recently, I have suffered from a few immobiliser problems. Every so often, the immobiliser lamp on the dashboard will flash rapidly as if to announce that for the time being at least, you are going nowhere. Still, over 100,000 miles, that has caused the one stranding I have suffered, so I can't complain too much.
At 99850 miles in my hands, my Clio II has served me very well. It still does not blow any smoke and delivers 70+ mpg (a petrol will do nothing like that - mine's a diesel), so your 95,000 mile prospective purchase should be fine if it has been looked after. That said, my car is beginning to feel a little old and it's replacement, a new Clio dCi, arrives in a few weeks' time.
Currently in mrtotty's garage:
2011 Clio dCi 88 Expression Eco
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome