Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - How To Replace Rear Coil Springs (With Pics)

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 28th September 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: How to replace rear coil springs on a Espace (with pictures)

I replaced the rear springs on my Espace today, it wasnt that bad a job really.
I followed a similar method to Stuntman, but I left the wheels on and jacked it up until they where about two inches off the ground then supported it on axle stands.
you do need to soak the bolts on the shock absorbers, then work them out and back in a few times or you will probably shear them off.
The whole back axle will lower down and enable you to remove the old spring. I then fitted the new springs which slotted in easily, put the jack in the middle of the axle and making sure the springs sit properely in there rubber sockets, jack it up and fit the bolts back into the shock absorbers.
It took about an hour in total and the springs cost me 45 off ebay , they are the same thickness all the way too the pigtail ends and the old ones where thinner to the ends so hopefully the new ones should last longer and be better for when I tow my caravan.
Currently in bioman's garage:
54 Espace Privelege 2.2 DCI Auto, which has replaced my 54 Renault Laguna II initiale sport tourer 2.2dci, Modus 1.4 Dynamique 2005
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome