Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Retro-fitting voice synth

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 29th September 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Retro-fitting voice synth

Dear huwwatkins, i've tried to make this work during an absolutely accurate procedure as you describe after i bought each part i needed. Well it didn't work at first glance! I have a Laguna II 1.8 Dynamique, petrol, registered 2002 and i'd like you to explain me what you mean by the phrase "You have to have the top of the line instrument in the car(with the big LCD), if not it wont work". I'm including 2 pictures.One of my speedometer and one of what i think i should have. Is this my problem for not working the voice synth on my car? I'd appreciate your answering and possible solutions to my problem e.g. can i fit the second speedo and everything ok or take parts from the second speedo and fit those into mine one?

P.S. My instrument panel red connector had no pins to contacts No 2,8 and 13 which were spare. So i made contacts to fit into those pins (took 3 pins from the speech same red connector and substituted them with soldering 3 wires -> two for the speaker and one for mute into the speech computer contacts).

Harry from Greece
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Laguna Speedometer.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	14017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Is this the speedometer i should fit on my Laguna.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	14018  
Currently in bomber1000's garage: