Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clutch or Not???

View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 4th October 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Re: Clutch or Not???

Hi please help,
I have a 1999 Espace III 2.2dt alizé.
In July I replaced the Cam/Timing belt and pulleys and extra pulleys and the clutch and dual mass flywheel and thrust bearing. This morning (three months later) the Espace wouldn't go into gear once the engine was started and then wouldn't change gear unless I was doing 10-15 mph. By the time I did the 4 miles to my sons school I was unable to disengage the gears and had to stall the car to stop it. On restarting the car (in gear) the car was moving with the clutch fully depressed. I managed to limp home with a dodgy down-hill start in 3rd gear.

I've been to the garage who did the work and they said the Clutch hydrolics need replacing - they want €324,10 for the part and then 4 hours labour at €162,56.

I've tried GSF for the parts but they don't carry them does anyone have a part number for the master cylinder?
Currently in Paul16310's garage:
Renault Espace 2.2dt Alizé, Renault N73, Renault Super Cinq, Massey Harris Pony 812, David Brown Implematic 990
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome