Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Retro-fitting voice synth

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Retro-fitting voice synth

Originally Posted by Tolak View Post
Since I don't have the voice computer, I don't know this obvious information; what is the benefit of having this extra box of electronics in the car?
And is it as annoying as some of the other voice computers people often complain about?

The benefit of it is the humour of having a woman nag at you even while you're in the car alone! It's ok in small doses but can really P*ss you off after a while. If you have really sensitive tyre pressure sensors then you're in for a right ear bending. "Warning: Front right tyre, check the pressure. Front left tyre, pressure abnormal, slow down, re-adjust pressure as soon as possible! Warning: Rear left tyre is flat - change wheel". AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH Shut up woman!!!!

I had a Laguna II with faulty ABS. EVERY TIME THE CAR WAS STARTED: "Anti-lock braking system faulty, normal braking system in operation, consult your Renault dealer". I don't have the heart to press the mute button. It's a feature you hate to love.
Currently in MéganeDynamique's garage:
Avantime 3.0 V6 24v Privilège Auto, Vel Satis 3.0 dV6 Initiale, Vel Satis 2.2 dCi Auto Privilège, Laguna II 3.0 V6 24v Dynamique, Mégane II 2.0 VVT Dynamique, Mégane 1.6 Auto Privilège+ Convertible, Clio 1.9 RT-D
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome