Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - 2.2dTi Non-Start*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 9th October 2011
smiffy 101
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Espace - 2.2dTi Non-Start*FIXED*

Hi folks first timer so be gentle with me. I got 2.2 td espace on a 02 plate started having problems with it about 4-5 months ago were it would not start in the morning called the RAC out and said the battery wasn't big enough for the car so he changed it for the right size about 2-3 weeks later it wouldn't start again called the RAC out again and he said the alternator wasn't giving out the right ampage so i had this replaced it was running ok for a couple of weeks then it started cutting out when stoping or pulling off when i tried to to start it again i would get a red block on the dash then it turn to the stop sign i would try it few times and it would start the wife drives the car for work she does about 300 miles a week with lot of stop starting. We put into the garage on the computer and everything was pointing to the abs sensor so this was replaced it ran great for 2 weeks then out the blue friday it cut out again after about 10 minutes i got it started and it was ok for the rest of the day yesterday i had agreed to take the in laws to Gatwick so half past four in the morning i jump in and guess what ? it wont start got going after i had woken everybody in the street on the 8 miles to the in laws it cut out 4 times so i was starting to panic with a 350 mile round trip in front of me it got me to Gatwick and back and didn't miss a beat gets home goes shopping on the way home it cut out again this time couldn't get it started so left it parked a couple of streets away went round this morning and it started first time. This is doing my nut in now so if anybody got any ideas i would be greatful
Currently in smiffy 101's garage:
02 espace thats not very well
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome