Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Average MPG from 1.9 DCi Engine

View Single Post
post #67 of (permalink) Old 15th September 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I have just done about 500 miles in my Laguna 11 2002 1.9 dci.
It has done 130k but runs excellent, little smokey.

I averaged 41 mpg which is a mixture of town, motorway and various speeds. The computer actually got to 62 mpg and never went lower that 53 mpg.

Also, the computer showed that I burned 9 gallons of fuel, but when I filled up it took 15 galloons of fuel so you really cannot take the computer literally..

The only way to check fuel consumption properly is to fill up the tank till the FIRST click, when the pump cuts out (I use BP as these pumps are slower so the fuel doesn't rush up the tank to quickly...) Do a mixture of town motorway driving around 150-200 miles or half a tank. Then go to the same fuel pump as you filled up before and do the same, fill up to the first click......

You will then know how many litres you have used. Work out how many gallons you used (4.5 litres to english gallon)

You can then divide the miles you have done by the gallons and you will have your figure....

Has anyone got a very accurate computer ??? or are they all the same..

Hope this helps
Currently in merky's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II Tourer 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome