Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Displaying KMH not MPH

View Single Post
post #69 of (permalink) Old 14th October 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Displaying KMH not MPH

Hi Folks,

dont know if this thread is dead or not, but the last post appears to be early 2011

I was looking for info about garages clocking Lagunas, and stumbled upon your concerns.

I am now not totally sure that i wish to purchase a Laguna now, due to what i have read in the previous 14 pages, but it certainly stirred my interest.

What i do note is that Renault seem to be disavowing any resposibility for fixing what appears to be an inherent, if not basic fault in their product.

In my opinion 2 can play at that game.

If i had a Laguna which started showing KPH instaed of MPH ...
I would be inclined to take the car down to the Local Renault dealer, Switch all the lights on, and flatten the battery, and then pop in to the service desk, and tell ask them to fit a NEW BATTERY. as mine was knackered.
If the Laguna was still on KPH, when i got it back I would then insist that they sorted it back to MPH and assert that they were to blame for losing the settings.
Worthy of a serious endeavour i would profer, as the worst outcome would be an Expensive Renault Battery, or a possible "FREE" fix to my problem.

Only fair i would say ?

Wot does one think ??
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome