Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Non Starter ? - TDC and tips

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 15th September 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
The TDC or crankcase position/ flywheel sensor as its also referred to, is located in different positions depending on the engine type. I have a laguna 2.0 IDE and its not possible to even see the sensor unless you remove the air box, battery tray and the heater matrix hose bracket from the right hand end of the engine (standing in front of car). The sensor is curved with a bolt fixing at each end and mounts onto the end of the crankcase at the flywheel top position at the very end of the gearbox flange. On the TDI engines I beleive the sensor sits on top of the gearbox so it can be seen more easilly. Its about a 3 hour job to remove and refit a new sensor and make sure you have a hammer and pin punch ready , to drive round the security bolts on the battery tray. While you have the airbox out and battery off , you can also clean up the throttle body using kitchen towels and intake/carburettor cleaner. Another tip is to grease up the battery terminals with petroleum jelly (vaselene) to prevent corrosion before re connecting.
Currently in mushroom's garage:
Renault Laguna 2.0 IDE MY 2002
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome