Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What's the scariest car failure you've had while driving?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 15th October 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: What's the scariest car failure you've had while driving?

Came close to a wheel falling off the other day!! Borrowed mum's Mégane - She had stupidly let my cousin change the brake pads on the front the previous day and he obviously hadn't tightened the wheel nuts sufficiently again. There was a rumble from the very start of the journey which I presumed to be a wheel bearing on the way out, but within about ten minutes it was REALLY loud. Got out, popped the centre cap out of the front wheel and two bolts fell out with it!!!

The scariest of all though was one of my Laguna IIs. Just passed it's MOT, was on the way home and it goes in to limp home mode in the outside lane of an uphill dual carriageway at rush hour!!! Numerous underpant changes followed as well the vow never to buy another.

Paul I'm surprised your immense failure wasn't from the Vel Satis. But I suppose it's problem was getting going in the first place
Currently in MéganeDynamique's garage:
Avantime 3.0 V6 24v Privilège Auto, Vel Satis 3.0 dV6 Initiale, Vel Satis 2.2 dCi Auto Privilège, Laguna II 3.0 V6 24v Dynamique, Mégane II 2.0 VVT Dynamique, Mégane 1.6 Auto Privilège+ Convertible, Clio 1.9 RT-D
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome