Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #217 of (permalink) Old 16th October 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

im new to this forum ive a laguna 05 dynamique dci currently in the garage
turbo went 6 months ago replaced with a refurb one and then 1 week ago the turbo had gone again the fans touching the housing ?? making the noise?
sent the turbo away and stated major oil contamination change pipes (which was done 6 months ago) what i would like to know is how do i find out what is contaminating the oil? the EGR valve was taken off to find that it had been tampered with and pieces had been grinded off! so a new one of them required what also concerns me is that ive never had to put oil in the car in the 6 months ive had it back could it be that diesel is getting in to the oil causing it to block the pipes? if so where do we look ? id like to get to the route of the contamination before fitting another turbo
on this occasion of the turbo going it just simply lost power no smoke no warning NOTHING!
any ideas would be greatful
Currently in sheleena's garage:
2005 renault laguna II 1.9 DCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome