Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

View Single Post
post #322 of (permalink) Old 16th October 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

Originally Posted by Goodsy3 View Post
Hi all,

Have a slight issue with my Laguna's driver side window. The blue clips that the wires connect into to move the window up and down broke on my car. They have since be replaced and the wires with a repair kit i found on eBay . Works fine, altho the issue I'm having is, if you move the window down to around half way, and try and put the window up, it moves about half an inch, then drops down about an inch, inch and a half. Anyone got any ideas?? Would be grateful if anyone had some suggestions. Im new to all this, so please be gentle .
Sorry about the slow response, but this may help others.
I too replaced the wires with a kit from eBay , but the plastic bits that came with were very cheap.
I happened to the stripping down the door for another issue, and realised that the black clip, holding the glass onto the blue clip, had come off, and so the glass was not being lifted on both sides, and would soon be jamming. I refitted the old black clips, and have had no further issues.

Sounds like you have working blue sliders (hence the cables are still ok) but the glass can fall off the pegs, and so can jam at mid position.
Inspection of the clips is easy, and will confirm this quickly.
Good hunting.
Currently in Tolak's garage:
2001 Laguna II 1.9 dCi Dynamique, 1993 Clio Williams, (1999 SLK230, now gone), 2007 A4 cabriolet
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome