Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #219 of (permalink) Old 16th October 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - limp mode cure.

Originally Posted by Marky70 View Post
Hi mate, I'd be keen to see any pictures you have of this part?

I noticed that there is oil leaking from my engine at this section & it's gradually getting slightly worse. Why would this be?

Two questions you've put out that don't seem to have been answered.
Firstly, dropping crud down the exhaust port is probably not a good thing; it's upstream of the turbo , so would put crud into the turbo , but the exhaust is relatively high pressure, so the crud will be blown back into the EGR . If you're lucky, it will blow through, if not, you may have to repeat the EGR cleaning. Also, leaving crud and carb cleaner in teh manifold is a dodgy thing to do; at best it will go through the engine and turbo without sticking, but you may start a coking problem, or unbalance the turbo .

Secondly, the oil leak around the shut-off valve; there is a deep rubber o-ring mounted in this location, which seems to wear, and only small amounts of oil will make massive staining of the area. Check that all three bolts holding this shut-off valve body onto the metal inlet are in place correctly; the plastic body has slim metal tubes lining the bolt holes, so they do not break quickly, but should still not be over-tightened. You can replace the o-ring (8 GBP was my dealer's estimate of the cost),or pack behind it, or use sealant.
The oil itself may come from the compressor side of the turbo , but more likely is coming from the engine breather, which feeds into the air line between the MAF and compressor inlet. Some breathing from there is natural, and the oil works it way through the system.

Hope these replies help,
Currently in Tolak's garage:
2001 Laguna II 1.9 dCi Dynamique, 1993 Clio Williams, (1999 SLK230, now gone), 2007 A4 cabriolet
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome